Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Australian troops in action in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by nightgash, Aug 27, 2008.

1. this vid has been out for a while.my brother is over there at the moment and i can assure you this sort of contact happens on a daily basis.but our boys just go about their business with a minimum of fuss and generally keep the media at a distance for obvious security reasons.
    i was a soldier for 7 years but i never saw combat.i am so fcuking proud of these blokes!
  2. clips of that footage was actually on the news a few months ago.

i wouldnt want to get in a firefight in that particular spot. there was SFA concealment or cover.
  3. The guys hands when he's changing magazine at :50, shaking like crazy, i bet that would be one hell of a rush.
  4. One hell of a rush but for the general population it would be a brown pants moment.
  5. ive seen that vid a few times before. its a really good example for the general population how aussie soldiers work and the whole teamwork/mateship thing. theres people in charge and everyone knows who to follow but theres not the totalitarian yes sir, no sir type shit you see in the movies or basic training