Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Australian Superbike School insolvent: MYTH BUSTED

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by Loz, May 29, 2007.

1. Heard a rumour - that they've been trading insolvent and all senior staff have resigned. Anybody know any more?

It would be sad to see that business crumble, but then it might open up Phillip Island and Eastern Creek to competing trackday providers and maybe bring exorbitant prices down.

...Plus less Netrider cash would end up in the scientology tin... :grin:

I don't know any more - anyone heard something?

2.  Top
  3. So Australian Superbike School no longer exists, having changed both it's company name and trading name to "MOTOR CYCLING EVENTS GROUP AUST PTY LTD" in Dec06 and Jan07 respectively.

Perhaps this info is the source of the rumour?

4. Until I hear different from the guys themselves I wouldn't read much into this. They did mention a name change a while back to bring them into line with the US operation (they were no longer going to be known as the Australian Superbike School and were changing to Californian Superbike School).
    Reckon it could just be connected with this.

5. Initial reports from SBK school instructors are saying they don't know anything about insolvency or upheaval. Looks like a bullshit rumour but I'll keep an eye out. Boris is getting on to Brouggy for a definitive answer.

6. We've asked Head office in Calli, awaiting an answer ;)

7. They have been trading as Mega for a little while now. It's on their telephone information service and is a convenient way to manage the whole operation, from EC Ride Days to CSBS much easier.

As for exhorbitant prices, as Steve says, everyone had a chance to tender for the rights to run track days at these two venues. Personally I'd hate to see all the positive things he's done regarding the organisation there go to waste. As a committed track day nut, I'd prefer to pay $219 for a well run and safe day than save $30 and have chaos. I certainly saw that before he took over and no doubt it would return again.

Ultimately it's a free market and I doubt if either PI or EC would want to return to their previous multiple operators as the single suplier arrangement works very well for them too. If that is the case, then even if MEGA went under (and I'd doubt of that would happen), we'd still have a single supplier at these tracks.

8. My apologies guys, Brouggy has confirmed it's business as usual.

9. Yep, that's the info I had recieved in regards to this.

Good stuff Steve, keep it coming, can't wait for the sun to start shining again. :grin:

10. Is Boris the same Boris that writes in australian motorcycle news?

11. There's not a lot of Borises around these days. ;)

12. Indeed!!!!

Maybe he can teach me to ride around Tassie without falling the fcuk off :grin:

13. He's a teacher vic, not a magician! :p :LOL:

14. You point, valid it is :p

15. Ahhh I thought I felt a disturbance in the force....
    darth.