Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Australian Standard Sticker As1698

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by jfiddy, May 26, 2010.

1. Hi guys,

I've been in contact with someone who will make the AS1698 sticker but I need to make an order of 100 to make it financially viable.

This would work out to be around $6-$10 each but I need to go back to her to wrinkle out the fine details.

Anyone interested?
    • Like Like x 2
  2. There's a forum member who sells them.
  3. Good idea putting it on a discreet place ....like the Internet
  4. Yes it is because guys like me who have a business where tens of thousands of dollars are invested in gaining AS1698 approval love seeing who is making fake ones as you are basically taking food out of my mouth and making my investment worthless.

So I am interested so that I can pass it on to the relevant authorities and fraud squads
    • Like Like x 1
  5. A bit off topic, but hey the topic is pretty old and stupid.

ML - what's involved in getting the sticker? Obviously besides paying for the tests? I have always been interested. I understand that you have to give them helmets to smash up to test how much force the reduce on impact, but is there anything else?