Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

"Australian" not a racist word...

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Noticibly F.A.T, Mar 11, 2013.

1. It's not the word that's racist, any more than "Arab" or "Peruvian", rather it's the intent to degrade and offend. In that case the British woman had that intent.

I suppose I could be a little offended that being called "Australian" is offensive to New Zealanders ... if I cared that is.
  2. I'm slightly offended by the fact that "Australian" is somehow seen as derogatory. If that's the case, the rest of you need to lift your bloody game as far as I'm concerned.

On the other hand, who cares what chavs say?
  3. I was in a discussion thread on another forum a couple of years back when a European guy made a highly derogatory remark/"joke" about how slutty all Australian women (supposedly) are. Since he was on that particular forum getting feedback on a pre-release product evaluation he was a little taken aback with my reaction and that I had taken considerable offence. He had not expected to find an Australian on that forum, obviously.
  4. The fact this actually went to court and became 'newsworthy' is an indictment on all 'stupid fat' humans
  5. A work colleague of mine inadvertently CC'd one of our European suppliers in an internal email complaining about their slack service response. He only realised his mistake when he received a comprehensive and useful reply, signed off "Yours sincerely, the Stupid Bloody Italians".

Some people can take it, some are just sooks.
  6. ah well obviously the victim objected to the allegation that she might be Aussie and not that she was stupid / fat o_O ... I suppose if she was in fact a NZer then the slander is proven ...
  7. My annoying neighbour is a stupid, fat retard, all of which is accurate, as would be calling her Australian.

I'll be sure not to call her an Australian.
  8. #9 коннор, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
    I suspect it wasn't so much a case of offence over the name-calling as being pissed about having the sort of neighbour who would have herself "a drunken tirade on [the NZ'er's] front lawn".

Those sheepshaggers are cunning ****s, after all.
  9. I'll have to remind my friends over in Blighty that if "Australian" isn't a racist term then neither is "Pommy git".
  10. ...nice to know you can still call people stupid and fat!!..... lol..
  11. They have to be, after the last 200 years even the kiwi sheep are getting wary.