Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National Australian Design Rules (indicators)

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by conspiracytheorist, Sep 1, 2008.

1. I ran a search but couldn't find anything.. damned crappy search FTL :(

Just wondering if anyone has the full ADRs for motorbikes? I checked gov websites but to get it on CD you have to pay $25 which seems a rip for a couple of megs.

Looking for info about indicators specifically, blink rate, distances apart, distance from bike, etc etc etc

2. Thanks! I was on that link before but wasn't looking hard enough. I've tried to find anything mentioning distance apart requirements, but its a crazy maze of bureaucy in action.
  3. ps, there's no such thing as NSW ADRs (the A stands for Australia - ie National rules, not state rules so check if there's some extra bs NSW requirements, who knows?). :cool:
  4. #5 conspiracytheorist, Sep 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2014
    Thanks. For the life of me I can't find reference to how far the indicators have to be apart, or anything about required flash rates :(

Thanks mate, if you could link me to the page/pdf where it has that I would be forever greatful! Cheers
  5. Hey, do all new bikes meet that criteria for indicators nowadays?
    ie: latest Honda VFR, Kawsaki ZZR1400, latest Aprilia Tuono/RSV1000.
  6. Randomly enough I was having a conversation with my mate yesterday about indicator positionings on cars, and how Mercedes, etc said STFU to the government over indicators on mirrors, cause at the time they weren't ADR compliant. Didn't stop them from bringing cars in anyway! I mean what are they going to do? Knock back that much money Mercedes brings in over some flashing lights! Now have a look at how many cars have them! It'll be the same story with the bikes I'm sure.