Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Australian Coat Company

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by crinkelcut_chip, Jun 7, 2009.

1. ...has anyone heard of them ? anyone purchased any of there products ?

Came across them while looking for some wet weather over-pants.. they look alright on the site.

2. They look pretty good, I just use my Gore-Tex hiking kit for wet weather riding (jacket and over-pants) and they work just fine.

You usually end up paying a premium for anything that's motorcycle-specific, so try popping down to your local Kathmandu or Paddy Palin store and see what they have.
  3. You'll probably spark a rash of nannas coming out of the woodwork, saying the gear offers no crash protection.

They'll be not entirely wrong, but the jacket and pants look like they'll perform similarly to the Belstaff waxed cotton gear that thousands of serious, high mileage, all weather British riders favoured for decades. Most of us survived intact thanks :p .

I'd wear 'em.
  4. Yep, plenty of us fell off and got back up again without the benefit of CE-Approved armour, or lairy colours :LOL:.