Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

australia post rider

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by nuckles, Jun 23, 2008.

1. anybody ideas on how much australia post riders get?
    job in todays paper.

2. I think around $35000 pa ...+ bonuses If my memory serves me right.
    ( Had a mate that worked as a postie )
  3. Sun, rain, hail, sleet, snow, icy winds, sweltering heat.

Remember each of these before you consider applying. :wink:

Pay, nowhere near enough considering the above!
  4. You forgot to add: very early mornings!

5. Yea +1 to the above!

The goods don't out weigh the bads.
  6. You forgot that you have to ride a ct110

they should have the option to ride a maxi scooter, would be more comfortable
  7. To be honest, depending on my job prospects at the time, I would consider it. I know some posties (guys who like to ride big fast bikes) and they have a ball.

And of course, you do get to ride a CT110 (which is cool!)
  8. 6:30am to 2:30pm. I have been thinking about it too.

May go that way soon, Getting bored of my job

9. Definitely be nice to have the arvo off.

Not sure the maxi scooter would cut it over some of the territory posties have to cover.
  10. finish work at 2:30pm, most people home by say 3pm, doesn't really leave much afternoon left to enjoy.
    I used to work 6:30am-12:30pm 6 days a week, that was awesome! I was home by 1pm every day. :grin:
  11. Didnt think of it that way!

Thats a MAJOR plus...

Working 9-5 is a real pain. If I ever need to do anything that needs to be done within business hours depending on the urgency I either have to give up my lunch break or leave early or not come in at all!
  12. I am an ex postie my self, IRCC, you must be up quite early in the morning, to make matters worse, you must sort your own mail. which is a very tedious process, and you have times to make to make it harder, as for the riding aspect of it, its very similar to start go traffic, but you cant split or get out of it. :LOL:
  13. not to mention the fact that every rabid dog on the loose is hell bent on ripping your legs off.
    a mate of mine was a postie and some of the stories he told me about feral dogs was scary.carry a cattle prod.
  14. Well if riding on footpaths gets boring!

15. All the $5 and $10 notes they can get from poorly sealed birthday cards :LOL:.
  16. I eagerly await the "Post Rider" series of DVDs :LOL: .
  17. :rofl:
  18. Isn't it mainly part-time work as well?
  19. LOL!!! Got anyone from Hollywood(or even this forum) in mind for the lead role? I dont think Nicholas Cage could cut it again.
  20. (think hes refering to the eastern european nutter known as ghost rider, not the poorly produced film, ghost rider)