Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Aussie Superbikes at PI This weekend (9th-10th Sept)

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by mjt57, Sep 11, 2010.

1. I'm surprised that there are no threads on the 2 plus 4 event at Phillip Island this weekend.

As I type I'm watching Race 1 of the ABSK series. Good racing, although the Ducati Rider Jamie Stauffer made an interesting shortcut at Turn 1...
  2. Hmm lets see....

2 + 4......taxi racing all day with the occassional bike race thrown in so the bogans can line up at the canteen with the BS prices..

car racing.....mehh....:roll:

Did I mention the bogans

PI... the worst spectator track in Victoria....don't get me wrong, awesome to ride...just shithouse to watch racing at..you see maybe 3 or 4 corners, then gone till the next lap.

crap food.....the only place with a worse canteen/take-away food is Winton ( holds the record for absolute SHYTE )

just my 2c's
  3. You didn't like the food at Winton? You mean stodge laden fatty crap isn't to your liking?

I hated that track, flat, windblown, dry as, poor track conditions, yuk..I did a circuit walk once prior to a club event and it scared the crap out of me when I saw the size of the cracks and just how slippery the surface was. I decided that ignorance was bliss after that.
  4. errrr geeez mike, dont sugar coat it, tell us what you really think :)

methinks the only reason why they ahve bikes there is because the popularity of the cars is waning, and if it means that I only have to line up for 5 mins to get my crappy food instead of 15, then Im all for it

5. Meh Ive spent all day watching the V8 Supercars... Although I ALWAYS watch the enduros.. The Superbikes were just a deliciously beautiful topping! sure beats watching the Slow shtty Minis!!

Anyone else watch the race at PI today??