Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Aus Superbikes-Round 3 @ Winton.

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Seany, May 14, 2008.

1. Shelley and I are thinking of heading up to stay with my parents in Benalla (10 min from track) to watch the racing. Is anyone else going / or want to go to this event?

Info from Winton Raceway's website:

Aus Superbikes Round 3- May 31 - June 1, 2008.

Saturday only
    Adult $20

Sunday only
    Adults $40

2 day pass

Adults $50

Pensioner concession $20

Family $80 2 adults with up to 5 children

Children 6 - 15yrs $10

Children under 6 Free when accompanied by an adult.

Tickets can be purchased online through our official website www.aus-superbikes.com.au visit the Xtreme shop and follow the prompts.

Tickets will also be available for purchase at the gate.

For the latest information and updates please visit our website www.aus-superbikes.com.au

Race schedule:

Friday bikes on track at 9.00am. Practice and Qualifying .

Saturday bikes on track at 9.00am. Qualifying for all classes. Racing in the afternoon.

Sunday bikes on track at 9.00am. Complete day of racing, all classes Superbike, Supersport, Superstock, Formula Xtreme, Pro-Twins, NakedBike, FZ6, 125GP and Junior National.
  2. Yep. I'm going
  3. Looking at riding down with a mate from Wagga, hopefully it all works out.
  4. The missus and I are going.
    It's always a great day there.
  5. Not too far from Cobram. excuses would be futile
  6. Yep, organising the ride up with a mate today. Anyone else want to ride up Sunday morning From Melb?
  7. going up Sat. Getting on the piss. Stay the night. Yay.
  8. Me too. Where do you plan to drink? Are you staying in Benalla as well?
  9. Victoria Hotel.
  10. Is nobody else going up to watch on Sunday morning???
  11. I supposed to be there today! My friend couldn't make it so i didn't head down as i had no one to go with.
  12. I am crusin down Sunday morning. Leaving home about 8 and riding straight down the Toc benalla rd.
  13. Sorry folkx. Won't be there.
  14. Awesome racing at Winton today. I can't for the life of me figure out how they get soooooo much fun and entertainment packed into one day but there you go.

Hard to beat it for a day out. Park the car at the fence, sit on the bonnet with the radio giving commentary and giggle away at the silliness. :grin:

Shelley was very taken with Amy O'Mara's bright pink FZ6s in the FZ6 Cup. She's already ordered pink rim stickers for her FZ6, could this encourage her to take it further? Only time will tell I guess.

Chas Hern had a top weekend with podium finishes all round after having surgery on his broken thumb last week. I know which hospital and surgeon did that so I'll keep them in mind I get broken. Though I doubt I'd be able to ride that well even with surgically enhanced thumbs. Still it's worth hoping that's all I need. :LOL:

Jamie Stauffer also went gangbusters in supersport and superbikes until a big crash 2 laps into the last race. He seemed to be ok given the circumstanses, although stretchered off into the ambulance so here's hoping he's not badly damaged.

THe weather at the Winton circut was somewhere between perfect and better than perfect. Beautiful sun, stuff all wind and noisey, noisey bikes bouncing and leaping about. Fishished the day with a lamb roast thanks to Mum and back in time to watch the GP. Life is good. :grin:

Photos to come. :)
  15. I'm pretty envious of you, i really wanted to go! Certainly looking forward to the pics.
  16. Would be nice if people used Photobucket or something similar when they want to share photo's rather than something that needs a log in.
  17. Looks like it was a good day by all

Nice product placement in one shot :LOL:
  18. It would be nice if photobucket/picasaweb etc weren't painfully slow. 60min toad them onto photobucket or 5min to put them on facebook is a no brainer for me.

Thanks Charmed. I thought that photo looked good too.

Here's a few for those without Facebook.