Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Aus] Motorcycle sales up in first half of 2011

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by robsalvv, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Motorcycle sales increased by 3.1% compared to the previous year - ATV and Scooters leading from the front. Road and off road slightly down.

Some highlights:
    The most popular road bike to June this year was the Kawasaki 250R.

The most popular super sport bike is the CBR1000RR followed closely behind by the ZX10R.

The most popular cruiser was Yamaha's XVS650.

The most popular off road bike was Honda's CRF50F.

The most popular motocross bike was was Yamaha YZ450F.

Of the non strictly scooter or ATV sellers, the marque with the biggest increase in sales was CF MOTO.

Of the popular Japanese manufacturers, Kawasaki had the biggest increase in sales.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Good news, hopefully this will force government agencies to recognise two wheels.
  3. Wow Honda still pegs #1 if you take out the CT110 Not by much but 40 units is 40 units.
    The CBR1000RR would be my choice in the liter segment. But don't think there is another Class I would pick a Honda. H ah sorry Honda peoples, but as I own three of them I think I can make that call.
  4. I just added one more for Triumph....!!