Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Aug 9, 2015] North of Brisbane Ride (Samford Village)

Discussion in 'QLD' started by V2, Aug 2, 2015.

North of Brisbane Ride
Start Date: Aug 9, 2015 08:00
End Date: Aug 9, 2015 13:00
Time Zone: Australia/Brisbane +10:00 AEST

Caltex at Samford
1 Main St
Samford Village 4520

Posted By: V2

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. I always get a bit disappointed when I look for a ride and see hardly any listed here - so thought I'd list one myself and see how we go.

I won't say fast or slow ride, all are welcome and we'll try to cater for everyone. The main aim is to have a fun and friendly ride. We'll regroup every now and again for a head count then continue on.

Meet at the Caltex at Samford (just after the round about on Samford Road) for an 8.30am depart. Head to Woodford via Dayboro / Mt. Mee. Maybe a quick Coffee there, then thru to Stanly River Road and onto Maleny. Grab a sausage roll there then back the same way.

That's all just over 200km, I'm guessing we'll be back at Samford by around 2.00pm. There are a few twists and turns so may not be ideal for a cruiser (unless your that way inclined).

Currently looks to be a sunny day (or your money back) - lets try to get a few riders together!
  2. Good on you V2, build it and they will come. Better still try and make something regular, every weekend for instance. What we have found here is that a group will build if it is regular and they can plan around it. Good Luck, group rides can be great fun.
  3. Was just up there today. The roads are beautiful. And the chows great! IMAG0154.
  4. I'd be up for it V2 but I've already signed on for another ride that day. A Meet-Up group is doing the same route (but leaving from Carseldine). There are 40 riders in that one so it'll be a busy road!
  5. Which meetup group? I keep forgetting to check it.
  6. Motorcycle Newbies and Seasoned Riders. It's now closed off (at 50 riders!!)
  7. Thanks the Cafe at the top of Mt Glorious. Not on our path, but a great cafe.
  8. There is a cafe just out of Maleny at Mary Cairncross Park I was planning to go too for a pit stop and snack. Always a few bikes there as well.
  9. Any rides on Saturday? Busy Sunday. :(
  10. Just as I've moved to Gladstone the Brisbane contingent decide to meet up... I can take the hint ya f*&kers!:clown:
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I'll probably be hungover Sunday anyway, after the All Blacks beat the Wallabies.
  12. Weather for Sunday - Sunny Check!
    Forecast Temperature - 23° Check!
    Road Conditions - Perfect Check!

There are no excuses. Hopefully we get a good turn-up.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. A quick ride report on the weekend's ride. Roads and weather where great and all that attended had fun. Unfortunately I was the only one who attended!

Sadly it appears the Brisbane contingent of Netrider spend more time on there computers than bikes.
  14. Good that you had fun, don't give up on trying to organise a group ride though they can be great fun. Sad you didn't get any takers this time but if you post up something regularly then the numbers may build. The job of a ride leader can be a onerous one at times.

And to you other Brisvegas riders make the commitment to go along.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. That Meetup ride ended up with 71 bikes! Probably explains why there were no potential starters for this ride. Keep posting good routes though ... Meetup don't do that sort of thing every week. ;-)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. #16 CraigA, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    V2V2, I would have loved to attend but its kinda out of the way for me living on the Sunny Coast.
    I was up in Maleney on Sunday and got there via Stanley River Rd for my normal weekend ride, but I came at it from Beerwah/Peachester instead of Woodford.

Fixed it for ya mate! Love it when some cocky bastard has to eat humble pie! Lol
    At least you won the netball!
    • Funny Funny x 2