Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Aug 6, 2016] GC NR Meet & Greet (+ ride) (Qld)

Discussion in 'QLD' at netrider.net.au started by Valvoline, Jul 23, 2016.

GC NR Meet & Greet (+ ride)
Start Date: Aug 6, 2016 08:00
End Date: Aug 6, 2016 10:00
Time Zone: Australia/Brisbane +10:00 AEST

3/18 Ferry St, Nerang QLD 4211
Qld 4211

Posted By: Valvoline

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. Heya NR peeps,

Having come back from the southern states and met many of the NR cousins and the amaze-balls rides they hold, I would like to start something like this in the GC... :)

My aim is to make this a regular Saturday thing and possibly also offer newbies some guidance and tips. At the very least, do a meet and greet and talk about bikes, over bikes! :happy:(y)

Usually I would lead out the group since I know the local roads & almost every nook and cranny in the GC hinterland, but for the time being I am unable to ride the bike for a month. So the ride leader is an open position at the moment - I will be happy to give people ride location ideas and things to visit. I'll be attending in my blue hyundai cage & looking longingly at people riding bikes and with my Shoei white and orange helmet resting on the car.......

Saturday 6th August,
    8am
    Caffe Chinos :coffee:, plenty of parking, close to the M1 exit

There is a 7-11 petrol station 2 blocks up or Coles Express one just around the corner on 6-8 Ferry St, Nerang QLD 4211.

Hope to meet some other NR peeps!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Hey great stuff Viv
    oh and i got the pics
    thanks babe

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 cjvfr, Jul 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    Good on you Viv, it takes someone to start the ball rolling. We are lucky to have a few down here to post rides including the sterling Uncle Greg. Here's hoping you can get a group together. (y)

The mind boggles ... :eek::whistle::whistle:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. ValvolineValvoline I'd be up for riding down from Brisbane for this, but I can't make it this weekend. Let us know how it goes and whether you intend to do it again.

As I've not been around, is everything all right? Why are you not riding?

5. Heya CormanusCormanus :) no worries

Yes i do intend on making it a regular thing. Possibly every Saturday. I'm currently looking for a perfect place to mix - Carpark, good coffee shop & fuel stop all v close together to be able to have a good meeting place for jabber & if newbies end up coming , a place to practice some skills :)

I'm currently out of action awaiting whether I'll need surgery to reattach some of my hand tendons... It's killing me I tell you! Not being able to ride!! :cry::sorry:

6. ValvolineValvoline i too would come down, but, you happened to pick the Sat of ASBK. I will have my hands full in qualifying at that time of the day (Not to mention the fuzz tend to frown on doing that on the road) so will have to take a raincheck and catch the next one.

CC

7. Oh bugger it is too!! :-0 I'm good at picking dates ament I!? Lol
    I'm still heading up to brizzy tho... :)

8. When?

And I got to squeeze in a ride today. Up to Moololaba at 7am to pick up a paddock jacket for next weekend, then up over Malaney and the proposed TT route before heading up the farm at Yarraman to get the ute. Beautiful day for it.

CC

9. Colonel ColemanColonel Coleman :mad::bigtears:You trying to make a girl cry?? Telling where you're been in such glorious days like this weekend??? Shame on you!! (I'm jealous right about now...):depressed:

Still not 100% sure on time but was gonna go straight after meet since I'm not riding! Lol

10. Chin up, you are not alone. The very lovely lady I got the jacket from has been off hers for 2 years due to an off on the Obi Obi road that nearly had her check out, broke a heap of stuff including the bike, but the metal collarbone is what,s giving her the most trouble now.

She was SO excited when I pulled up on the CBR100RR as her bike was the CBR500. If we had of had another lid, I would have taken her for a blast for an hour or 2 as a pick me up.

CC

11. Ouch. Poor gal!! :wideyed::unsure:
    Yeah Ill survive ... Im just being a sook. ;)

Wow. Love you already - does that mean when my hand comes good you'll offer your back seat for a good 1000cc power blast then!!?? :couchpotato::woot:(y) (A gal can only wish...)

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Sure. Can't let you you torture yourself following in a car. BTW I'm a sook on the road. I like my licence.

CC

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Bummer. Hope you're soon mended and back in the saddle.