Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Aug 5, 2016] ASBK Round 5 (Warwick Queensland)

Discussion in 'QLD' started by Colonel Coleman, Jul 28, 2016.

ASBK Round 5
Start Date: Aug 5, 2016 08:00
End Date: Aug 8, 2016 17:00
Time Zone: Australia/Brisbane +10:00 AEST

Morgan Park Raceway

Warwick Queensland

Posted By: Colonel Coleman

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. [​IMG]

This is your chance to get to an awesome event. All indications point to the lap records being absolutely smashed and great racing.

I will be racing in the support class.

• Like Like x 2
  2. As much as I want, I can't ride that far yet with this whako hand.... but I'll soon be able to ride a whole day on it ... soon..soon... :)

I hope that the weather gives you perfect racing conditions and you have a cracker of a race day !!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Good luck.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. image. Best weekend racing EVER!!!!

Started off Friday shaky busting the leathers and having to buy a new set. Ouch $$$
    But the pace was a little off, mainly due to the wind (everyone was suffering)

Saturday was better with my Qualifying times on par with my best, watching Superbike Qualifying and the Lap Record being smashed to a Stupifying 1:13.8 was mind boggling. Qualified 17th of 27 Riders and finished the race in 16th.

Today is indescribable. I took 2.1 seconds off my PB in race 1 and finished 10th, finished 11th in Race 2. Got a chance to catch up with Gary McCoy and Julie again, meet a fellow past Motorcycle Sportsmen of Queensland member Chris Vermulen, got my Limited Edition Mick Doohan Isle of Man TT race helmet signed by the man himself, Oh and did I mention the Grid Girls.

So many people did so well over the weekend. It was a real life highlight I got to share with my family and really good race buddies.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Sounds like a perfect day!!!
  6. Perfect Weekend!

CC image.
    • Like Like x 2