Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Aug 3, 2014] Bikers Australia Sydney Blanket run 3rd August 2014 (Penrith)

Discussion in 'NSW' at netrider.net.au started by Senator17, Aug 1, 2014.

Bikers Australia Sydney Blanket run 3rd August 2014
Start Date: Aug 3, 2014 11:00
End Date: Aug 3, 2014 14:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +10:00 AEST

Penrith

Posted By: Senetor17

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. I've just been invited to this Blanket run. I don't have any more details. I'm meeting another rider and heading out at 9:30. They are meeting at Krispy Kream out front of Penrith Panthers and the event leaves at around Noon, We're planning to be there by 11:00 am for a run into Parramatta. I know there will be lots of bikes as I've been on one of thier runs before. So strap a nice clean blanket to your bike to donate to the needy and come and meet some bikers for a good cause. I don't imaging it will be hard to hard to find the location with that many bikes turning up.

Sorry I don't have any more details, If anyone knows more please add on to this thread and correct any details. Also sorry for the late notice but I only just found out about this run.

2. I don't know if anyone got along to this run, I know I posted the info late, but I posted it when I received it. The run went very well, no problems that I could see. Even with the very limited details I had, we turned up to Krispy Kream at about 11:15. The run set off at 12:00 and it was amazing to see so many bikes out. From Krispy Kream at Penrith, we headed onto the Freeway and there must have been thousands of bikes as two rows of motorbikes took up the centre lane on the freeway from Penrith to Parramatta. It was truly amazing to see two rows of bikes as far as the eye could see both ahead of me and behind me. We left the freeway at James Ruse Drive and then Left onto Victoria road and then looped around into the cafe district of Parramatta. There was a band and a saudage sizzle, and a very grateful charity to collect all the donated blankets.
    Blanket Run Aug 2014.