Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Aug 3, 2014] Australasian FX Superbikes (Winton, Victoria)

Discussion in 'VIC' started by AdamA, Jul 31, 2014.

Australasian FX Superbikes
Start Date: Aug 3, 2014 07:00
End Date: Aug 3, 2014 14:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +10:00 AEST

Winton Motor Raceway
41 Fox Street
Winton, Victoria 3673

Posted By: AdamA

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. Hey all,

Thinking about riding to this event on Sunday 7:30am depart from Ringwood. It is being held at Winton near Benalla which will be about 2hours ride up Melba Hwy.

Any interest? Tickets are I think $30.
  2. The Midland Hwy you mean?
  3. #3 AdamA, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
  4. Whoops Sorry Melba and then Maroondah Hwy.

Hangon Google maps has a bug, it calls the part of the Maroondah up near Benalla the Midland. :)

I see where they have got confused the Midland is the A300, the Maroondah is the B300
  5. Google maps has no bug, it's just relying on local knowledge. I grew up in Benalla and can assure you it is known as the Midland Hwy.

That said, I would depart the day before and travel via ChumCk Rd to Kinglake then Yea, then the Mansfield-Whitfieild Rd to Glenrowan before heading back to Benalla via Myhree and Greta. Stay the night and then go to the races in the morning.

Alternatively, take the same route on race day morning and who cares if you make it on time or not. :)
  6. You learn something new every day :LOL:
  7. Would love to do this sort of a run Adam but got a fair bit to do at the moment, might just do a short Sunday ride instead.Google tells me its 3 hours from the Gully to get there and the same back,plus would want to watch the races,makes it more like a two day event for me(y)