Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Aug 23, 2016] Southern Tasmania, Hobart - Cygnet Loop (Hobart, Tasmania)

Discussion in 'Other States' started by Brendan Carley, Aug 23, 2016.

Southern Tasmania, Hobart - Cygnet Loop
Start Date: Aug 23, 2016 09:00
End Date: Aug 23, 2016 12:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +10:00 AEST

Hobart, Tasmania 7000

Posted By: Brendan Carley

Confirmed Attendees: 1
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 1
  1. Looks like the weather will be ok so a ride is in order.

Riding from Hobart to Cygnet and back via Channel Highway with a couple of detours possible
  2. A quick detour on today's ride lead to a nice photo opportunity
    • Like Like x 7
  3. That's on our list for next february Brendan, a great loop.
  4. Where was that photo taken Brendan?
  5. The photo was taken at Howden looking out towards Bruny Island and the other side of North West Bay
  6. Nice. I haven't been over down that way yet, relatively new to the Island.
  7. Nice. I only got as far as Richmond today!
  8. I did that loop in a car last week. Not as much fun :rolleyes:
  9. Ahh but how many times did you ride to Richmond ? I'm often riding on Tuesdays each week
  10. Lots and lots! But I only had a bit under two hours spare. So much for thinking retirement meant that I could do whatever whenever. I'm just getting out when I can at the moment, getting used to the new bike when the weather and other activities allow.
  11. Some nice roads around Richmond though, can't complain!
  12. There certainly are. I have a tendency to head up the Derwent Valley, probably because it's the fastest way out of town for me.
  13. I'm over this side of the bridge out past Sorell. Slowly exploring my surrounds by bike! I like looping around to Richmond as there's always a good place to stop for coffee/food as long as you avoid the tourists. East coast has some stunning roads too!
  14. sounds like a quick Richmond mid week meet up is in order.
  15. Sounds like a plan. Now we just have to find a day when we can all make it.
  16. I can do Sunday Monday or Tuesday
  17. Either Monday or Tuesday are good for me.
  18. I'm up north, but my partner is from Forcett, so I've done a bit of riding around Richmond.

If you are looking for a nice quick route, I can highly recommend this:
    Google Maps

The little twisty bit past Craigbourne Dam is fun.
  19. Have you tried Runnymede to Oatlands via Woodsdale/Levendale/Parattah?
  20. the 'coke bottle ride' is sweet ride to do as a loop. around 300km goes up past colebrook Campbell town lake leak and back through swansee / orford