Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Aug 19, 2014] Once Off Mid Week Ride, Rowville Start Point. (Rowville)

Discussion in 'VIC' started by oz-riley, Aug 18, 2014.

Once Off Mid Week Ride, Rowville Start Point.
Start Date: Aug 19, 2014 11:00
End Date: Aug 19, 2014 15:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +10:00 AEST

Stud Road & Wellington Road
Rowville 3178

Posted By: oz-riley

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. Just found out I am not working tomorrow so as always I will go riding. :)

Soo if anyone is interested in joining me in a short notice ride tomorrow, I will lead a ride.
    Weather looks good, will do about 200-300km, prefer this to be an intermediate ride, but hey it is short notice and if any Learners turn up, I will drop it back to the Learner Ride Rules.

Corner Marking and TEC system will be used (if enough people turn up on such short notice)

Once off mid week intermediate ride.
    Meet Point: 7/11 Stud Road & Wellington Road, Rowville.
    Meet time: 10.30 Meet for 11.00 Departure. (me needs a sleep in)

Please wear appropriate gear for Twisties.
    I take no responsibility for those that attend.
  2. Sorry i couldn't join you Oz would have been great.:woot:
  3. just seen this, lol I was out all day too
    at work:arghh:
  4. I think it might have been a little short notice! :sleep:

It was a small but tight group that attended, no learners so we were free to kick along at a fairly swift pace, headed up and over Mt Dandenong to Olinda, down to Monbulk then across to Emerald, then Avonsleigh and Macclesfield Rd to Yellimbo. A short stint on Warburton Hwy through to Warburton at posted speed limits and onto Reefton for the fun bit.

By this stage the more experienced riders in the group were getting excited at the prospect of hitting the Spurs (Reefton & Black Spurs), as the Leader I really had to pick up the pace for fear of being overtaken on blind bends by the corner thirsty horde behind me.

But in the end my cat like reflexes and superior riding skills kept the group behind me at bay, and I lead the ride into Cumberland Junction. I was forced to stop for a quick ride etiquette briefing and to let the more rowdy members of the group know, that we do not take too kindly to riders trying to overtake in corners, and even though they were unsuccessful in their overtake attempts it had been duly noted, and they may not be invited back next time. :banhappy:

As we headed back down the Black Spur, I kept the pace a little slower as the group had settled down and was behaving in a more civil manner, and with the fear of Mr Plod hiding in the trees with spy cameras it was a more relaxed ride back into Healsville. Back across to Woori Yallock and ended the ride in Cockatoo.

All in all a great ride, and got to meet a number of new people.

I really need to thankmthe people who made the ride possible today.

A big shout out to @oz-riley@oz-riley for leading, also @oz-riley@oz-riley for TEC duties well done, and to the numerous corner markers mostly @oz-riley@oz-riley who seemed to be able to pick his back through the group to first at every corner. (y)

Anyway a Group pic from our meet point at 7/11 in Rowville!

Yep you guessed it, no one showed. :cry:

Oh well, I had a good ride. :)
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Well done OZ fcukIN FUNNY(y)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. You should post a Sunday ride with a bit more notice and it would be great:woot:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Aww, I would have been able to make it, but bike not really mobile at the moment.

Looks like you had an awesome turnout!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Yes, very pleased with the group that attended!

Why is bike not mobile??? :ninja:
  9. WP_20140819_23_00_34_Pro.

:censored: I shall say no more.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. #10 oz-riley, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
    My My, that looks like a burnt Crumpet! :bigtears: