Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Aug 17, 2013] Bylong Valley

Discussion in 'NSW' at netrider.net.au started by Snapey, Aug 2, 2013.

Bylong Valley
Start Date: Aug 17, 2013 08:00
End Date: Aug 17, 2013 16:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +10:00 AEST

539 Wilberforce rd Wilberforce
sydney nsw 2756

Posted By: Snapey

Confirmed Attendees: 2
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 2
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":
  1. #1 Snapey, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
    This is a reasonably long ride so don't expect it to include half hour fuel & coffee stops. It's on Saturday 17th August starting at the Wilberforce Shell and leaving at 8.00am. It's a longish ride so we won't be stopping at the Grey Gum Café but ride the 146km to Bulga to meet some guys from Newcastle + fuel & a drink at around 9.30/9.45am. Quick fuel stop at Sandy Hollow for those not able to get the 195km to Rylstone. Globe Hotel for lunch.

This ride might appeal to riders from the Central Coast/Newcastle area. Meet at Bulga at 9.30/10.45am & ride with us to Rylstone & return the same way, or keep going with the group to Nth Richmond.

Home via Portland, Meadow Flat, Rydal, Lithgow & Nth Richmond. The map will give you a better idea.
    http://goo.gl/maps/ERhcR

Not suitable for learners as saddle times will be long & speed definitely over 80.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sounds like a great ride, I'm up for it.

3. Hi Snapey,

Sounds great. It's a ride I've always wanted to do. Unfortunately I'm unable to make it throughout August. If you re-run the ride later in the year my son and I would be definite starters

4. See how the week pans out...haven't done some parts of this ride so keen on that.

5. Sounds like a mental ride!

If im not working this saturday I might have to tag along, although I may part from the group at the Golden HWY and ride up to Muswellbrook.

What would you say that the "pace" of the ride will be?

6. Pretty close to the speed limit on the straight bits but I take little notice of advisory corner speed signs.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Excellent.

Will the ride still go on in wet weather? There is some rain forecast for bulga/denman this saturday

8. I'll be there if it's wet.

9. Just a heads up for you guys I haven't met ... i'll be the old bloke on a blue/white GSX1400 with the red wheels. Look at the avatar.

10. Thats 99 posts Snapey! Whats the big 100 going to be? Something poignant? Funny? Or maybe something crude, funny and poignant?

11. You guys think a rain suit will need to be packed or just get away with waterproof liner in jacket and gloves?

12. Look out of your window in the morning then decide. That's the advantage of riding a GSX1400 with enough room under the seat for full wet gear, puncture repair kit, compressor, spare clutch & brake levers and still room for the heart & blood pressure tablets.

13. I managed to squeeze a puncture kit in some nooks with those C02 bottles, a 12v socket and a strap... but that's about it! You would be the first person I know of who packs spare levers!!

I'll keep an eye on the forcast too and if I'm in ill be there for 8 am departure.

14. Well done Ross. Cardiff to Wilberforce before the ride starts is a big call. Good effort from Boothy too as his back has been shit all week & a 650km ride on some pretty rough roads does hurt.

We had six starters at Wilberforce, Dale (Boothy), Ross & me on 14's, Bill (BillyO) on a gorgeous Z1000, Tony (Pterodactyl) CB1100 & Paul (Hornet) VFR750.
    [​IMG]
    The idea was to farewell Paul at Grey Gum & meet some others at Bulga but that only ended up being Mark SV1000s who just happened to be waiting at the start of the 10 mile (clever man). While having a coffee at Bulga Demir (Pullman) GS500 arrived after missing the start time by 15 minutes along with a guy on a Triumph on his way to the Vietnam Vets rally at Murrurundi. On leaving Bulga we met up with another group heading for the rally so we tagged along with them until the Muswellbrook turnoff. We certainly turned heads going through Jerrys Plains.

If you haven't done the ride to Rylstone you're missing out on some brilliant scenery & a few not too shabby roads eg. the view coming down the mountain towards Denman, Rosemount Rd following the train line & river and just about all of the Bylong Valley. We stopped for a break after the climb out of Kerrabee where these shots were taken.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At Rylstone we caught up with Matt from the SV site & a couple of his mates from Bathurst who joined us for lunch. Ross & Mark live in Newcastle so went back the way we came & the rest of us headed towards Lithgow. We said our goodbyes to the Bathurst crew at Ilford & it was off to the Bells Line of Road & home.

Time got the better of us so we didn't do the Meadow Flat/Rydal section which i'll keep in mind for another day.

Thanks guys for an enjoyable day.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Arghh missed this ride snapey . . I will definately come from bathurst next time with those riders.

You need to do another ride out to Hill End for lunch like we did a year or so ago, that too was fun ..

16. Snapey (there now, I didn't say Snapy), thanks for the photos - they are going straight to the poolroom:)

I can now see why pullman gives me heaps about my socks. Just a habit I can't throw.

I'll do a quick Grey Gum tomorrow for a mid morning coffee - this weather is unbelievable.