Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Audio of a decent sounding bike idling, then revving?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by devochka, Mar 28, 2011.

1. I'm trying to find an audio track of (ideally!) a Harley idling, then revving a couple of times before riding off...

Does anyone have anything suitable?

Apart from this of course... http://tinyurl.com/69w6wkj

2. what's it for? :)
  3. masturbation.
  4. Looking for a ringtone?
    I've used the opening few seconds from "Girls, Girls, Girls" by Motley Crue in the past...
  5. ...is like procrastination. Feels good while you're doing it, but in the end you're still ****ing yourself.

Turns out though I'm not procrastinating here as I actually need that audio file for work...not a ring tone.
  6. What sort of work requires such a beautiful sound?
  7. #8 gofish, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  8. Try this one:

M109R with Cobra Pipes (Used to have those...till the popo nabbed me!):cry:

ps: Yes. I AM biased! :angel:

pps: There is NOTHING that sounds as good as a big bore V-twin! ;)
  9. Call me primitive, but I get a smile everytime I listen to one of the tracks on that website... It's like taking a handful of Happy pills (not that I would know)... =D>
  10. Yeah, I have been through the whole list twice now. It's unreal!
  11. anything with 3 cylinders...
  12. Short stroke Norton Manx 500 single.
  13. ....lawnmower! :p. J/K! (mostly!)
  14. There is a small problem with the OP - title says 'decent sounding bike', body says 'Harley'.

HTH, HAND...
  15. #16 thecptn v1.1, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  16. So have you found anything useful?
  17. I did..thanks guys!!
  18. not a chance. Even the 1L twins sound better because they actually have tone, rather than closely packed thumps, but then even they don't come close to an old big block V8 with straight pipes.

And then there's this; 27L, 60 deg, V12