Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Attitudes towards motorcyclists survey

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by nadski, Sep 1, 2011.

1. This just caught my attention as a sponsored FB link (damn their data collection/profiling)

the pic associated with the FB link :-s
  2. 22. Car drivers are typically more law-abiding than motorcyclists.
    9. When riding a motorcycle, taking risks is part of the thrill.
    14. Motorcyclists often perform manoeuvres that are inappropriate

And here they all come
  3. What a terrible, bias, shit survey. Almost all of the questions encourage the respondent to indicate that all motorcycle riders are hoons and that the beige brigade are the safe ones. when really its a case of 'Never had an accident, caused thousands.'
  4. thats the response i was waiting for. Completely bias for cagers and completely loaded questions against motorcycles, where were questions even asked as a motorcyclist?

In summary, motorcyclist are fearless, take risks, ride erratically with no considerattion for their safety or the laws which they are supposedly bound. We live for "uninhibited" parties, we are disorganised and irresponible with no real direction in life. Well that was a portion of my take on the "balls up" survey.
  5. Just a guess, but maybe TAC or someone wants to prove to the government that there are plenty of votes in persecuting motorcyclists?
  6. Its as clear as day, no shit survey required
  7. Does it survey the female respondents whether they thinks wheelies are cool, that is the most pressing issue?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. You starting this shit again?

They mentioned pink scarves though
  9. They don't need a survey for that one.

Easy way to fix that. Put down that you're a complete hoon who's never had a accident.

Survey does suck enough to sabotage I reckon.
  10. merely pointing out the immediate direction the attitude of the survey was headed
  11. To be honest the most effective solution is to contact their supervising professor (pretty sure there was an email to contact them by, if not you can email the college and quote their names) and explain your thoughts, this way the students will be asked to review their survey / will fail their pointless degree in professional bullshit.

EDIT: could someone please post the contact details here, i cannot go back and get them now that ive done the survey.
  12. It was a joke. Lighten up, you took it seriously in that other thread as well.

On another topic I filled it out as a beige person would except that motorcyclists are angels. That should stuff the results. Encourage others to do same.
  13. Long ass bloody survey
  14. Agree only the ones that really hate bikes are going to fill in all that. This is going to be as biased as a today tonight poll.
  15. x2 please.

This project is being conducted by Karen Barnes, Tendai Chirawu, Mark Piccolo, Billy Tow, Anna Minov, Jonathan Moscrop, Laura Piccolo, Melissa Bailey and Nina Tran, under the supervision of Mr. Patrick Wig and Dr. Lucy Zinkiewicz of the School of Psychology at Deakin University Waterfront campus, as part of their Graduate Diploma in Psychology at Deakin.

If you would like to be informed of the overall findings of this project, please contact Patrick Wig, phone (03) 5227 8489 (BH), fax (03) 5227 8621, or email patrick.wig@deakin.edu.au.

A summary of the project’s findings can be sent out to you after completion of the study (end December 2011), or can be obtained from the project website (http://www.deakin.edu.au/psychology/research/DriverAttitudes) at that time.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=vl5Y0kssGCUM+bBVnhHedg==

18. My quick message. I'm sure others can do better.
  19. Will be following this up with an email also, thanks nightowl
  20. Ummm, i think the point here is its about "ATTITUDES TOWARD MOTORCYCLISTS". This is pro motorcycle, but to guage attitude its necessary to ask the stupid questions. Just look around you when you are riding, stupid people everywhere, its just the degrees of stupidity that differ.