Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Attention Spans

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by davidp1984, Jan 15, 2010.

1. I was wondering how as technology advances my attention span decreases, especially with the iPhone. I understand that you are paying $1 for a game so they aren’t designed to keep you interested for too long so you buy more but back in the day I could play snake for ages before I get bored, now I buy a game and play it for 5 minutes and never touch it again. This is even more evident since I got my bike because I am only happy/interested when riding :).

I was just wondering how many of you out there have notice it happening to them as well.

2. I'm sorry I got to the 3rd word and saw something shiny
  3. It's because they are overly complex and generally boring. If you picked up an old gameboy with tetris or snake or something you would probably still be able to play it for quite a while because they are just so addictive. Well I know I would anyway.

Most modern games bore me to tears after a couple of hours but I can play things like zelda for ages.
  4. I can play solitaire for hours.

I also like doing online Sudoku and can keep that up for a couple of hours at a stretch.
  5. I fall asleep just from looking at iPhones. My attention span is fine, I just don't waste my time focusing it on stoopid shit.

I'm not much of a game person, http://fantasticcontraption.com/# this kept me entertained for hours though.
  6. /thread.

geeth wins.
  7. I may be old but my mind is as sharp as a ......... as a..................... what were we talking about ?
  8. My attention spa-…
  9. Same, but now im partially blind :)