Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

attempt at translation of a French joke

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' at netrider.net.au started by South FrenchGirl, Oct 30, 2007.

1. it is the story of a motorcyclist who's running quietly.
    a small bird flies very quickly to the continuation of a mosquito.
    suddenly, the small bird is crushed on the motorcyclist.
    then the biker stops and collects the small disappeared bird.
    He puts it at the heat in the inside pocket of his jacket and come back at his home.
    the biker deposits the bird in a small cage and installs a small water cup and a piece of bread to him, for when it stand up.
    then, the man lies on his settee and falls asleep.
    during this time, the bird awakes and looks around him it sees the bars of the cage, water and the dry bread, and the lengthened biker.
    the bird puts its small head between its wings and cry : oh-my-god! I killed the biker!

:LOL:

2. LMAO. Did you translate it yourself?

3. what does the letters LMAO mean?

yes I translate this joke myself (... with altavista help... but it's not a very good quality translator) Is there mistakes?
    (can you correct me, please?!)

4. :LOL: :LOL: Nice joke Cecile.

LMAO= Laughing my ass off

5. Clever joke, Cecile, and to the best of my knowledge, not posted here before, so well done!

Let's try to put it in real English without having access to the original French

it is the story of a motorcyclist who's running quietly.
    This is the story of a motorcyclist who's cruising along the road

a small bird flies very quickly to the continuation of a mosquito.
    A small bird is flying, chasing a mosquito

suddenly, the small bird is crushed on the motorcyclist.
    Suddenly the small bird runs into the motorcylist and is kncked out

then the biker stops and collects the small disappeared bird.
    The motorcyclists stops and collects the unconscious (?) bird

He puts it at the heat in the inside pocket of his jacket and come back at his home.
    He puts the bird in the inside pocket of his jacket, where it will be warm and returns home

the biker deposits the bird in a small cage and installs a small water cup and a piece of bread to him, for when it stand up.
    The motorcyclist puts the bird in a small cage with a small cup of water and a piece of bread for him, for when he regains consciousness (comes around, colloq)

then, the man lies on his settee and falls asleep.
    Then the man lies on his setee and falls asleep

during this time, the bird awakes and looks around him it sees the bars of the cage, water and the dry bread, and the lengthened biker.
    After a time the bird comes to and looks around him, seeing the bars of the cage, the water and dry bread, and on the settee, the sleeping motorcyclist

the bird puts its small head between its wings and cry : oh-my-god! I killed the biker!
    The bird puts its small head under its wings and cries oh-my-god I have killed the motorcyclist

6. I like it, nice new take :)

7. Thank you for the correction, I find it much better like that!!! :grin: it's funnier!

I will try to find other jokes to be translated into English, I think that they will be new jokes for you...
    but in France we often make pun, which cannot be translated...

8. I suspect that the same might be true of English puns translated to French; it is the nuances of the language itself that makes the joke funny.

9. :rofl:
    tres bien!
    that was a pissa!

10. oh, and -

y'a du monde au balcon! :rofl: :p :p

11. @hornet600 : it's a good example for what we said, the little joke of _joel_ mean nothing in french... or I don't understand... in france when we said that it's for a girl who has large tits... and I think that mine are normal :LOL:

12. I suspect that's what joel meant to say, but unless he's seen pictures we haven't, I think he's guessing!!

13. my father (biological) and two half-brothers live in Nyon, near Geneva. They did live in Thoiry, until not so long ago.
    i asked them for something naughty to say in french, and that is what they told me to say! (they also gave me the slang/colloquial meaning) but i wasn't sure if they were telling me the truth. it seems they weren't kidding! :LOL: :oops:

14. Your english is improving....keep going :LOL: :rofl:

15. Tu as une plus petit noeud! :LOL:

j/k :bolt:

16. That's a good joke! Nice one. :)

I had a few friends who used to live in Thoiry. I lived in first Versoix, near Geneve & then up in Crozet, close-ish to Thoiry, on the foot of the Jura mountain. I really miss it & french/swiss humour.. so please keep them coming! :D

17. he guesses badly :LOL:

it's not very naughty... it's funny!

:LOL: I think it's my english slang which is improving!!! :LOL:

and _joel_
    says to you that you have a small .... penis.... :LOL:

it will be a pleasure of continuing my attempts at translation!
    :grin:

18. my father lived in a street called "hameaux de chenes", one of the last streets in Thoiry before you are climing that damn hill (Jura).
    absolutely gorgeous place, i went there 4 times. wish i had the bux to return with my family now :(

19. Joel no come back on the penis size?? :LOL: :LOL:

20. she was explaining, that i said to you, that YOU have a little one ;) :LOL:
    but i was kidding, of course....well, i have have no evidence for, or against :LOL: