Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Attaching front indicators xvs250

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Bradb, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Hey,
    I've just bought a 2001 xvs250.
    One of the front indicators is broken and taped up, and the other is cracking and the rubber is perished where it holds it into the front forks.
    If I bought after market ones, where is the best place to attach them?
    I can supply pics if needed.

2. Buy some that have Fork clamps if possible, but make sure that they are the right diameter for your forks.
  3. Thanks, actually I just found some mounts on eBay for a good price
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Hey Brad, what indicator mounts did you end up going with? I've got an XVS650 with a busted side indicator and the only replacements I can find are in Germany.
  5. Custom or Classic ?
  6. I've got a pair that came off my 1100 custom.
    I'll have a look and see if they are the same on the 650 classic.
  7. Front & rear measure up exactly the same on the ones off my 1100. Both attach over a 19.5mm shaft.
    Mine are the crystal/clear ones though. Would you need to change all 4, or just get a new lens from Yamaha. 20160123_162809.
  8. Perfect - the front indicators on the 650 are clear anyways, I was going to buy two of the indicators on eBay just to match them on both sides.

I'd be happy to buy these from you if you're willing to sell. PM with a price?
  9. I'll weigh a pair tomorrow and work out a postage cost.
    What's your postcode ?