Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Atomik Motox

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by jimmythehuman, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Hello, i am buying a little bike for my kids this week and have been looking at a few various models.

Obviously io would love to gte a JR 50 or QR or PeeWee - but these are all in the 700+ range. You can get these Atomik Motox cheaper imports for 300 new.

So i guess the build quality ios less, but for 300+ if its lasted 3 years or so we would be happy.

Anyone got any experience with these? Or any other pointers for getting an auto mini bike to suit 4yo - 6yo ?
  2. You get what you pay for Jimmy. We have had a few of these and still have a 125 and 250.

The motors and wheels are sound, it is the frames and cheap bolts etc that are holding it together that is the problem. If you get one, go over all the bolts etc when uncrating. Also check the spokes.

If you are mechanically inclined it is worth it, if not go for the trusted 'Brand' names and know that you have a sound investment.
  3. ta - yeah i was a motor mech in another life...but i dont want to spend 4 hours working on it and 1 hour riding it.

One thing i have noticed is that the only 1 speed autos are the named brand ones. Any one know if any of the chinese ones have a 1 speed auto?
  4. Hi,

I bought a couple of Chinese bikes for my rugrats. Basically a new PW50 was $1500 at the time. I bought two Marshin PW50 copies for $1800. If I had known much about bikes at the time I probably could have bought a couple of second hand genuine yamahas for similar price.

My kids used them to ride on a farm for couple of years. They have grown out of them now but I replaced them with "new" 70cc chinese bikes.

My only advice would be to buy from a shop so you can see the bike running before you part with your cash. The other problem with Chinese bikes can be spare parts. Most chinese manufacturers claim to be identical to genuine manufacturers for spares but this is rarely the case. I ws fortunate and had no troubles but I know people who have bought bikes from ebay and had them "broken" for months at a time while they search for a simple part.

Just my 2 cents