Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ATGATT Appearance vs. Distance From Bike.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by murchy, Oct 4, 2011.

1. http://i.imgur.com/tTxpS.png

From reddit motorcycles section, discuss.

Attached Files:

2. Leather or fabric? It makes a difference. People look at you funny when you wear a leather full body condom in the lift but the wet weather gear they don't seem to notice.

Everyone looks funny trying to climb stairs in bike boots.
  3. Wearing 'power ranger' racing leathers when not either on the bike or standing next to the bike makes you look a real wanker.

Wearing what are obviously 'gay pirate' leathers any time just looks gay (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Wearing wet weather gear on a dry day is just stupid (although it does get people asking "I didn't know it was raining this morning").
  4. No, I'm tired already. Besides, shouldn't this be in humour?

5. Meh. Not gonna change to go into the grocery store. If the whuffos don't like it, they can go home and kill themselves, their opinion makes no difference to me either way. Unless it's a hot chick who wants to have sex with a motorcyclist, then a difference can be made.
  6. I dunno, there's an awful lot of cars with poorly aimed window washers.
  7. To put my comment in context. Last week I stopped at my local shop on the way home, wondering around the isles was a bloke wearing a 'power ranger' race suit in pristine condition, except for the knee sliders that looked like he'd taken to them with an angle grinder.
  8. I love them on a hot day, instant evaporative cooling.
  9. I think this only applies to the full armored 'power ranger' ATGATT, no?

I don't see anything weird about a dude (or gal) in kevlar jeans and a leather jacket.
  10. ..... I look good whatever I'm wearing!!....[-(
  11. beat me too it Tweetie Pie.
    you guys are doing it wrong.
    i look like a sex god in leathers. and i smell like one too.
  12. Good call tweets.

Boys, leathers always get the attention ;)
  13. lolz, that reminds me when some random girl gave me her number while i was waiting for my mates at warburton. i was in all my gear.

leather = gets bitches.
  14. Do vest and chaps work?
  15. #15 Tone2, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Seems to at Mardis Gras...
  16. don't know, maybe ask your boyfriend :p
  17. Wearing full race leathers with knee and toe sliders seems a bit ridiculous on a 250 cruiser or a postie.
  18. You haven't seen the way they drive in Sydney: you need all the protection you can afford no matter what you ride.
  19. If I'm out for a ride in full gear and I said I'd get milk on the way home, then yes you'll see me at Woolies in the power ranger suit. Just means people want to chat to me about bikes even when I'm away from the bike. I got talking to an old guy in maccas at around 2 o'clock monday morning who turned out to be on the fire crew for the v8 supercars, f1, indie, motogp etc. The guy had worked around motorsport for at least half a century and was like a racing encyclopaedia. Just sitting at a table with the helmet in front of me starts all sorts of interesting conversations.

Never impresses girls of course, but that's to be expected.