Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

At the MCG yesterday

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by ozego, Aug 28, 2006.

1. I went to the football at the MCG yesterday (via train) and after the game I was walking past where everyone parks their bikes on Brunton Ave. I saw a guy riding off without a helmet and picked up some second hand converstation that it had been stolen. I hope the arse that took it feels pretty good about themselves.

Anyhow, it raises the question. How do you keep your helmet safe when you can't take it with you? I'm buggered if I can figure out how that little 'helmet lock' is supposed to work or am I missing something?
  2. Lost a helmet, you said? ... I lost me SCOOT !!!

bugger me, walked up and down for 10 minutes trying to find the
    sucker...and I wasn't pissed either.
    Perhaps a little high? ..Euphoric? Go Pies!!

(finally found it...pretty close to where I left it)

(helmet security? plenty of lock up space in a scooter!! )
  3. Ha. I've lost my car a few times at the 'G.
  4. I use the pacsafe bag. It's great. Gloves go inside. Locks to the bike. Added benefit of another deterrant to steal the bike (yet another chain to cut through).

Plus it keeps your helmet dry, and out of sight. And you can't steal the visor.
  5. I put my helmet in one of the panniers! :grin:

Regards, Andrew.
  6. Those pacsafe bags look the way to go, I like the idea of it as a bike theft deterrent too. Thanks for the info.
  7. I reckon I'll buy on of those. Thanks undii!

I will see how long it takes me to pick the padlock they supply with it to see if it needs a better one or not.
  8. Normal: Hang my helmet off the supplied lockable hook.

When paranoid, run a chain through the helmet visor area and loop chain around the frame and back thru helmet, then cover helmet in a plain cloth drawstring helmet bag [outa site outa thieving mids...]

Really paranoid: carry the helmet around with me.
  9. Place a bag of shit inside. I'm sure the culprit will get caught quickly.
  10. That would lead to an interesting conversation with Const. Plod somewhere down the road. I wouldnt be leaving my bike there until I could scrounge up another helmet.