Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

AT LAST!! It's mine ALL MINE!!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Iffracem, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Finally I've taken delivery of the long awaited thundercat..

:dance: :woot: :dance: :woot: :dance: :woot: :dance: :woot:
    (Iffracem doing a Hornet600 "Happy dance")

Picked it up yesterday lunchtime, rode it home ~120k's in 100kph wind gusts, horizontal rain squalls and freezing temps. BLOODY MARVELOUS!

Ended up with a stinking headache from the cold and concentration, so a coupla quick ports and early to bed. Today looks like abeaut, might have to do a bit more "bonding" before I wash it :cool:

Pics later after getting rid of the bug-splat!

JJ (happy after 7 weeks of no bike!!)

2. Congrats! The weather would have made it a little more interesting, but hell, that just makes it more memorable doesn't it?

3. mmmmm it handled it well, sweet bike.

Kinda like a 600cc version of a pre-vtec VFR800 (without the cam-gear whine :wink: ) is the best way to describe riding a cat.

4. Congratulations JJ, I'm sure you and the bike will feel snug in Snug :)

5. Sounds like fun JJ!

Can't wait to see some pics.

6. Here be some pics...

[IMG:712:534:467309959f]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/iffracem/tcat_F_R.jpg[/img:467309959f]

[IMG:712:534:467309959f]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/iffracem/tcat_F_L.jpg[/img:467309959f]

[IMG:712:534:467309959f]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/iffracem/tcat_l.jpg[/img:467309959f]

Ignore the fester of old subaru's in the background, they're going soon.
    Gave it a bit of a wash... Might need to go and "air dry" it :wink:

7. Congrats on the new wheels. She's a beaut.

8. Say, that's a nice bike.
    I like your collective noun for old Subarus, I think I may start using it!

Regards, Andrew.

9. Congrats. At least is aint a suz....... a suzu....oh you know :)

10. Looks very nice. Yeah you cant beat the old "air dry" :p

11. scrummy. very sexy. are you married? :LOL: :LOL:

runs, hides and hopes current love of her life doesn't see this thread :)

12. top bikes the cats, you'll never find anything to actually complain about with it IMO, they does everything well :grin:

13. MM JJ just gorgeous, it was either one of these or a Hornet when I bought the bike in March last year, and being an old Yamaha man I DID look long and hard for one.

May you and she enjoy many happy years together.

14. subtlety carri, one of your strong points ?

15. Sure is a nice bike to ride, even makes me look good :LOL:

Yes Carri27, I'm married, and if you saw me, you'd be soooo glad you get out of that post so easy :p

There's a story behind the Subarus... got given the registered silver touring wagon in exchange for two bottles of red (very cheap red :twisted:) It has two badly cracked (overhead cam) heads. Yellow beast was picked up for $300 with a good, although old, pushrod motor. Clunk, clank, hammer, spanner, lift saw, bash drop, bolt later... one working subaru touring wagon and daughter has a car to learn on. But it's done the job (18 months of very cheap transport) So they're being donated to the "U-turn" project, where they rehabilitate young car stealer/wrecker types by teaching them the joys of fixing and giving. The cars get fixed up and given to a victim of crime. 90% rehabilitation rate, pretty good home for the "fester's" I reckon.

JJ

16. Congratulations and happy riding!

17. That's a very pretty bike, JJ. Congratulations - it's nice to see patience being rewarded. :LOL:

18. Thanks 748girl and Gromit, I'm a happy little camper at the moment.

It's been described as a very fast armchair, that fits!
    (wonder what the inquistion could have done with such a comfy chair??)

And Gromit, do the netrider masses get to see your new toy??

JJ

19. Can't go wrong with your choice. Very tapable ;)

Hope you have many happy rides on it. Then you can give it to me :D

20. Congrads on the new bike...I bet you will have some fun riding around Tassie. Any must ride road you would recommend around Tassie? I intend on couning down near the end of the year for a tour!!