Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Assume nothing about the girlfriend and physics

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by DosPerros, Mar 31, 2008.

1. My girlie has just started scooting on our Vespa and I have been proud as punch to see her pootling around the neighbourhood and recently make her first shopping trip into the city for yet more clothes to stare at prior to work each day.
    After much emphasis on wet tram lines and roads, she zoomed off to dance class/hairdresser. Later, I got the call I didn't want - she dropped it.
    She understood that crossing tram lines was best done at a more obtuse angle but didn't think a leaned over bike pose any risk. As she rounded the corner, she crossed over the tram track mid turn and likely lost the back end. Only bruised knees and ego. :oops:
    This is a very smart lady but she had no understanding of inertia forces at the point of road contact, does everybody ?
    You might wanna ask.
    - Girlfriend is fine.
    - Mistress is seeking professional help.

2. Sorry to hear your sheila stacked it, but I wanted to single this line out for the golf clap it so richly deserves.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
  3. Glad She's fine ...
    :LOL: :LOL: @ the mistress comment
  4. #4 twistngo, Apr 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  5. #5 Rambler, Apr 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015