Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

assistance needed

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by ibanez, Jun 26, 2008.

1. yesterday i washed my bike (a 1992 gsxr 750) and maybe went overboard a bit with the hose, as now it wont start. It turns over but does not fire, if thats the right term. There is fuel in it, the battery is fully charged. I sprayed some wd40 around the spark plugs to remove any moisture that got in there but still no go. Can anyone suggest a remedy or is there anyone kind enough to come around to take a look at it for me. I live at Collingwood Park near Ipswich Qld. I am a complete novice when it comes to mechinics, but am sure it has something to do with water getting where its not supposed to go. If you can take a look at it for me pm your phone number and i will call you. thankyou.

2. Not sure if this applies to all bikes as I haven't ridden many varieties, but mine turns but doesn't fire if my killswitch is off (i.e., not set to run). Could be that yours is shorting out.
  3. the killswitch is in the right postion, as for it shorting out i dunno, but my bike dosnt turn over if the killswitch is not set to run.
  4. You may need to pull the tank and put a rag down the plug holes, before doing the wd40 again.

wind the throttle stop up a bit and try it without and then with choke.
  5. what does that do? does it get any excess moisture or could it be to much wd40? someone once told me not to put a rag down the plug holes, so putting a rag down there wont hurt?
  6. Water can actually pool down the holes. It's OK to put a rag down so long as you can get it out again.
  7. put a rag down the holes, the rag came out a little wet. dont know if it was water or wd40 i had put in earlier. I tried starting it again and vroom vroom she fired up!! so thanks for the help must of been still some water on the plugs.
  8. Another happy customer... Good work lads.