Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Asian Motorcycle etag solutions for NSW riders

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by matressking, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Hey guys,
    I seem to remember a few netriders praising the etag solutions for bikes in some countries in asia that are a lot more suited to bikes than the ones we have here. Could anyone enlighten me as to which countries these are?

2. Not sure exactly about Asian solutions but apparently the RTA are distributing ETag handlebar mounts for motorcycles at their customer service centres.
  3. can we lock and or delete this thread, we don't want people to encourage people to toll motorbikes

4. The best option is not to carry the tag. If you have an account and they send out a notice for the toll you just put your account details on the notice and send it back in or do it online. That's all I've done and i have never been charged the extra admin fee or anything like that, just the toll. I've also noted that the notice doesn't always come and have scored a free trip.
  5. No doubt.
  6. Now there's a sensible idea.
  7. i think u can link your e-tag account to your bike plate and when it snaps a photo it will charge your account, pretty sure thats the case
  8. I keep mine in my jacket pocket.
    I have a friend who has theres on velcro on the inside of his windsheild on a cbr250 and that seems to work fine as well.

Wouldnt it be cool if they started making bike toll lanes and it was free :D
    It would be a way for Govt's to promote riding because it means less car's. so less traffic.
    If not free at least cheaper!!!
  9. The best etag solution?

Leave it in the container it came in at home.

All of the toll roads in Sydney have free plate-matching for motorcycles, so the toll will come straight off your account regardless of the provider. In the event that you do get a toll notice just put the tag details on the form and mail or fax it back.
  10. Yep, not sure why i still see motorbikes with etags on them. :?
  11. Just stick it on top like this
  12. yep, good job recommending that. :shock:

13. That's what I've been doing for the past few years. No issues so far.
  14. I have one of the armband pouches wrapped around the handlebars , just leave it there permantly.

At times though , when the tag doesn't register for some reason , I always get a bill in the mail , even though tag is correctly linked to my account.
  15. In your teeth, just for maximum inconvenience.

While you're at it get a speed camera shoved up your ar$e, i'm sure you'd be a much safer rider then.