Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ascot Leather goods

Discussion in 'Jackets' started by wildcat, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Hey guys,

I picked up an old Ascot leather goods brando jacket, I dont know much about it other then the fact it was made in melbourne.

I know its a good quality jacket but I dont know anything about the type of leather used, how much they would have cost and when they were produced, curious if anyone out there has owned one and can share any information about them.

2. I've got one hanging in the wardrobe in the garage. I bought it about 27 years ago and had it re-lined once. It's a good heavy grade cow hide and survived a few touches with the bitumen at standard traffic speeds and still is in relatively good nick. I haven't worn it in many years since good quality textiles became available. I can't remember what I paid but it wasn't cheap neither was it too expensive. I thought it was a good buy at the time.
  3. Thank you so much for that! mine is in near mint condition and i would suggest never worn it only shows the signs of sitting around a crowded wardrobe for 30 years, the lapels are just a touch mishapen and a couple of loose threads but otherwise perfect, i am very happy!
  4. Where did you get it from?