Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ASBK on ONE HD now again 28/6/09

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by GOOSH, Jun 12, 2009.

1. for those interested, ASBK on onehd now till 8.30pm

i think its the replay again
  2. Interested

ONE HD hasn't gone 'live' in Wollongong yet, and there's no projected date.

They are showing 10 hours live from the Le Mans 24 Hour Race in a week or two

We won't get that either

grrrrrrrrrrrr :evil:
  3. I have the HD reciever but Ch10 haven't yet developed the technology to broadcast into regional areas because they are useless, so I'm watching some kind of mind numbing crap an Austar instead. :)
  4. Well that was fantastic. They showed a great wrap up from the ASBK round in Queensland raceway. This could be a real shot in the arm for this series, getting regular but albeit delayed telecasts into a prime time slot. Well done to the promoters and the racing was spectacular.

As for Queensland raceway, what a mess that place is. The bumps into turn 1 and out of turn 2 look to be getting worse, and all the riders were really fighting the bikes through these turns (except for the Fireblades, they looked awesome) Coupled with and uninspiring layout, some money needs to be spent up that way on facilities I think.
  5. That won't happen with the V8's being the big money spinners and their fascination with street circuits. The V8's love it because they can actively get the state and local governments to divvy up some money and they don't have to worry about facilities, as these are all bankrolled by the taxpayers.
  6. Yep, it was some great racing. A few spectacular crashes though.

It was also on the new standard definition "ONE Digital" channel, which is channel 12. If you can get channel TEN, you can probably get ONE Digital.
  7. Metro only.
  8. Thanks for the tip !
  9. Don't have it in Newy either. It's bollocks. How hard can it possibly be to broadcast what Sydney gets?
  10. I have heard that the excuse for the second-biggest and third-biggest cities in the state (and BOTH with larger populations than Darwin), not having ONE-HD is that it can only run if there are local advertisers. If that's the case, with the recent financial tightening of belts, you can forget having it for another few years, at least.
  11. Which is strange as the costs of Ch10 are already there. The only additional costs are for Southern Cross who have to upgrade their h/w to deliver the feeds and any additional fees they provide to Ch10 to pay for the content.

Seeing as SC were already supposed to be have the HD equipment in place, they've had 5 or 6 yrs to plan.

Never mind, Poxtel and Crapstar can have my viewing figures instead.
  12. It's especially galling, cejay, because Southern Cross has its national headquarters in Wollongong! And they are showing a lovely continuous test pattern on ONE-Hd with a ticker saying 'Coming soon....' Yeah, right.

As to pay-TV, I'm just too stingey to pay :LOL:.
  13. Bugger, missed it.