Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

International Around the world

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by gearless, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Hi, just thought there might be a few interested in what my wife and i are doing. We flew our honda cb500x from Adelaide to Kuala Lumpur so far we have ridden through Malaysia , Thailand, Cambodia and Myanmar and currently in India. Our aim is to get to London via Russia before flying the bike to South America!

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wow, what a great trip! Would love to know how it's going having just got back from the Vietnam madhouse myself...................

Some pics would be cool. Maybe you could start with the missus leaning over the bike?...................... :whistle:
  3. Wow...

What's the itinerary for India??

And...hopefully you're taking a lot of pics... And uploading them somewhere...

Check out xbhp.com - they're Indian equivalent of Netrider and a lot of information is available on their forums. Probably can be of some assistance as well if you're planning to pass through major cities.

All the best...
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Another epic adventure would love to see some pics :)
  5. Living the dream!
  6. #6 gearless, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2016
    Yep, Adventure before Dementia!

Yep Adventure before dementia!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Interesting. Any issues with crossing borders with Aussie registered bike in Cambodia?

I've noticed many round world trekkers end up on a different bike at that point.
  8. We had no problem at all crossing into Cambodia! I went around to the border crossing at Choam as I have crossed there many times before on Cambodian scooters. Arriving we did our visa then asked about customs for the bike, reply, "You come back this way?" I replied yes, " thats ok", so we just rode through with no paper work. Returning they never even gave the bike a glance, just stamped passports and we rode through!
    There should never be a problem anyway if you have a Carnet particularly at Poipet crossing.