Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Arnette Sungalsses under a helmet?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by OutCast, Jan 9, 2007.

1. I've heard from a few people that some sunglasses under a helmet can be painful, they dig in behind the ears.

I'm looking to buy a pair of Arnette 4007 and wont get my helmet/bike until the end of Jan...

Anyone got a pair or equal style that can comment?

2. If the arms are thin and not too wide, then you shouldn't have any issues, depending of course how tight the helmet you get might be.

The idea would be to take the sunnies when you try on helmets.

FWIW, I've now got a pair of WileyX - very comfortable, can change lenses from dark to the orange for night riding and they are a site sponsor here so maybe check them out.
  3. I find that sunnies with wide arms are more comfy than ones with narrow arms, could be that my helmet is pretty tight?
  4. If you are buying a new helmet, get one with a quick change visor system. Buy yourself a tinted visor and just swap 'em out when needed. Sure, they can be expensive depending on what brand helmet you get, but well worth it. Much more comfortable than glasses, and glasses can be a biatch if they fog up.
  5. i had these sunnies that were ugly, but i used em just on the bike coz they had flexible rubber about half way down the arm.