Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Arms. Check. Legs. Check. Head. Check.

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by UserInterface, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Just had my first ride.. came back in one bit but i think i drove some motorists crazy...
    I just can't get used to having to turn off my indicator..

that being said holy honda batman, that is so much fun.. I can't wait till I can do a bigger ride.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hehe, good on ya! Sounds like me just a few short weeks ago. Tell us more. Where did you go?

3. Just around Waterloo Alexandria, there's not many safe places to start around here so just threw myself in the deep end and took every random corner that looked interesting.. i would have looked funny on one street that had a billi0n speed humps, but by my second run down that street I worked them out..

4. That's as good a place to start as any. Build up your confidence, work on your stops and starts, gear changes, slow speed stuff, and just general familiarity with everything and go from there. If you can, find an industrial park that's quiet on the weekend for puttering about in as much as you like. Usually plenty of wide streets and not much traffic about on a Saturday arvo or Sunday.

If you haven't seen it, there's some great stuff by robsalvv, bretto61 and a few others in the new riders forum that I used a lot when I first started out. I still refer to it often when I'm going to work on something or I'm having trouble with a technique.

OH yeah, and that indicator... practice that too. I find myself giving it a press every now and then, just to make sure I've turned it off LOL

Glad you're enjoying it :)