Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Armor for better grip!

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by madman853, May 5, 2006.

1. is it true that if you put armor all directly on to the tread that it increases the grip power of your tyres?

2. Butter is cheaper, same effect
  3. :WStupid:

wot 'e sed
  4. Wayne Gardner imports a product called Stomp. Its designed to improve your grip when you corner. Quite a few guys at the race track are using it.
  5. It is not true nor it should be put on the seat.
  6. Nah put it on your seat, tyres, handlebars and grease up your footpegs while your at it.

The get in the car and armour-all your pedals (brake especially) and steering wheel/handbrake.

Cooking oil works the same when you run out of armour all, and it's cheaper too.

STOMP goes in the fuel tank recesses/frame for your legs to grip while imitating a monkey though a turn, I wouldnt mind some of it
  7. Pfft, armourall. :roll: Just use plain old Vaseline. It stick to the rubber nicely, gives them an gleaming shine and repels water thus protecting them from deteriorating in the elements. :wink: :LOL: :LOL:
  8. I just got back from the store.

I bought Vaseline, cooking oil and rubber gloves, should have seen the way the checkout chick looked at me!

9. I've just remembered, I forgot to ask J at Tigerangel what the effect of Stomp is on the leathers. I wonder if it is abrasive.
    I'll keep the question for when I go to pick up my leathers shortly.
  10. Many moons ago I used to do a little checkout at the supermarket I was the duty manager for.

I once had a customer come through and his shopping basket had only carrots, condoms and vaseline. :shock:

I didn't ask, and I didn't want to know.

True story.
  11. Let's just hope it didn't involve a rabbit :shock: .
  12. thanks for clearing that up, thats what i suspected too.
    Never trust those bastard mechanics at Mick Hone, they are full of shit.
  13. Are you saying that the standard practice at Mick Hone is for the mechanics to spay armourall on your tyres or that they were winding you up?
  14. armor all!!!???

I am just reading this thread.. and I am wanting to know what the vaseline does to your tyres.. and the purpose of it.. just curious. .
  15. Re: armor all!!!???

It could have a number of effects. Noteably, vaseline repels water so the tyres shouldn't become weathered and loose their shine. This is assuming that the valeine itself doesn't have detrimental effects on the rubber, which it almost certainly would have. :wink:

The water repelling quality would theoreticaly also provide better grip on wet roads by pushing the water out from between the tyre and road surface. This benifit would of course be off set by the fact that valeline in slippery as hell. :wink: :LOL:

It seems certain mechanics may also benifit as they have a handy supply of the stuff, so they can lube up before telling people that armourall on their tyres is a good idea. :jerk: :LOL:
  16. I think you've been well and truly wound up! :LOL:
  17. I've found the Canadian Ice Hockey Player is quite helpful AFA accesories are concerned.
  18. Re: armor all!!!???

Damn you, seany.

We catch a fish and you let him go!