Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Arista/IC Frith - price HIKE

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Gansta, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Sorry if this has been covered already. Did a quick search and couldnt find anything.

Just a heads up, I recieved my insurance renewal notice from Arista today. Went with Arista as, even though the premium went up by $168 for no apparent reason last year, they were still the cheapest.

Bike: 2001, CBR600F4i, age 27, rating 1.
    Year 1, $607.38.
    Year 2, $775.81.
    Year 3, $1461.88
    No changes to circumstances in the past 3 years apart from me gaining experience.

After calling Arista for an explanation, all they could say is that 'Calliden Limited' will be insuring my bike as of the renewal date, and that all 'high risk' bikes have increase significantly in premiums. This is rediculous.

Anybody else with Arista dont be suprised when your renewal notice comes. I daresay Arista will be losing a lot of business if all new premiums are the same. I wont be renewing with them. For info, I called QBE and they quoted $866. Time to shop around...

Good luck.