Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Are these points offences

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by Penny187, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Hi All,

I'm at my demerits points limit for work (6) and I'm wondering if the below are points offences.

1 baffles removed from slip on exhaust.
    2 Tail tidy installed
    3 Riding one handed (ya know to rest the left arm briefly.
    4 'track use only' visor

That's it. I've already put the baffles in to be safe. And as of Nov 1 I indicate at roundabouts.

2. 1. No
    2. No
    3. No
    4. Yes - not a AS1609 compliant visor ( be bad luck to be pinged for it though )

3. 3 Riding one handed (ya know to rest the left arm briefly.

Cannot be illegal because it would prevent you from being able to signal by hand

• Like Like x 1
  4. How are you supposed to hold your smoke if you can't ride one-handed? Jeez.

5. or scratch youre nuts?

6. pillion.

7. but i dont have pillions anyway i was talking about my nuts not my arse

8. oh boy... Greggy Greggy Greggy... you have some learning to do my son... you dont think we ride around with rear pegs and seats on for no reason do you? 2 words. reach. around.

• Like Like x 2
  9. oh i thought you meant piles

10. naaa.... you get them from doing something a bit different.

11. best not go there

• Like Like x 1
  12. Road Rules 271—Riding on motor bikes

(1) The rider of a motor bike that is moving (other than a rider who is walking beside and pushing a motor bike), or the rider of a motor bike that is stationary but not parked, must:

(a) sit astride the rider's seat facing forwards; and
    (b) ride with at least 1 hand on the handlebars; and
    (c) if the motor bike is moving—keep both feet on the footrests designed for use by the rider of the motor bike.

Justus.

13. ....now, you all, be real careful when designing your footrests.........what manglers of the language those legislation writers are. Really love the posts, Jus.

14. [​IMG]
    would you lose points for this?

15. you would lose youre lunch

16. Probably a loss of man-points also

17. (a) implies you aren't supposed to rise up on the pegs but a question in the RMS test has the correct answer to do just that over rough roads.
    (c) means you aren't "allowed" to stretch your leg
    Both are rubbish and I've heard of complaints being directed against them.

18. (c) is bloody stupid, you can't take your foot off the peg as you slow down to stop, only after bike is stopped. No wonder so many learner bikes have been 'stationary dropped'.

19. Wrong. You can't lose points for this.

20. agreed. that also means that when you take off from a red light for example technically you have to have both feet on the pegs before you take off so you can't put your feet up as you are gradually moving off :confused: