Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Are These Alarms Any Good?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Lukerutten, Nov 20, 2012.

1. item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewitem?itemId=150864305759

I am looking at a alarm for my newish pride and joy. Wondering if these would do the job of turning people off stealing, touching, sitting of said bike. If you guys have used other systems let me know so I can get so info on this side of motorcycling.

Cheers

2. a $22 alarm isn't going to be much chop. You're better off spending your money on a variety of decent locks/chains of differing types.
    This will tend to put the scrotes off as they'll have to carry extra tools and as we all know thieving scrotes are lazy and will just move on to the next less secure bike.

3. I didn't expect them to be fantastic. Just wanted something that would make noise if they tried to move the bike in anyway (sit, pick it up, etc) l haven't got anywhere to carry chains etc as there is no room under the seat and no top box/bag. Thought something like this would be a good alternative as the bike has a immobiliser already. Once I get some storage I will Definantly get some locks and chains. :)

Do other well known companies make this sort of stuff for bikes? Like viper?
    Cheers

4. Maybe try an Oxford Screamer disc lock?
    Under $50 if you shop around and they are a disc lock with an alarm built in.
    Not the greatest thing in the world, but it might suit your requirements and it's certainly better than no lock and no alarm.

5. Ok will have a look around then. Are they something available in regular bike shops or will I need to look online. I like shops and cash for haggling

6. For screaming disc locks have a look at this
    http://www.xenasecurity.com/product/motorbikes/alarm/page1/

For storage check these, they are guaranteed for 8 years and you will not find a bad review of them. Had mine for 3 years with no faults, 100% waterproof, fits any bike. I use the US30, it holds my chain and two disc locks and a huge amount of other guff. If you like bricks and mortar shops procycles sell them

http://www.kriega.com.au/

7. Peter Stevens had a good price on the Oxford Screamer when I bought mine, I think it was $29.00 AMX have them for $50.00

8. Will look at amx. Rather pay a little more for good service.

• Like Like x 1