Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

are there uv protective visors?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Filo01, Aug 29, 2007.

1. I'm just wandering if there was uv protective visors? I can't get use to the weird feeling of sunglass's under my helmet

2. AFAIK most UV rays are blocked by the visor. Not sure all types are equally blocked though.

Personally, I love sunnies under a clear visor - best of both worlds - and can leave the visor snibbed open withOUT the wind in the eyes.
  3. Some brands of helmet advertise uv proof visors in either clear or tint. I know Nolan does.
  4. I am often burnt through my visor in the warmer months, so wear sunscreen even if you are in your helmet. Have you looked at tinted visors?
  5. Sure are...

I have a HJC helmet and I have a clear visor and a tinted visor.

Both protect from UV actually, just one is tinted also.

Sometimes I ride with tinted visor and sunnies :wink:
  6. My tinted Shoei visor is UV protective.
  7. Glad to see I'm not the only one :grin:
    altho' its not too good when one forgets to pack the clear visor & stays out too late .....

Ditto to having the sunnies on when opening the visor, am always appalled at the amount of airborne dust that can get into your eyes - let alone the bugs!
  8. Take your sunnies and helmet to an Optometrist and seeif they can adjust your glasses so they sit better with your helmet on! :grin: Most will do it for free!