Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Are There Any Good Schools Which Use Wakefield Park?

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by toast, Sep 13, 2008.

1. I'm in Canberra and looking for a good advanced riding school that is local and uses Wakefield Park for its classes. If I was local to the California Superbike School I would use that.

Any recommendations?

2. Thanks for the link. I emailed Alex and he responded about an hour later, which is just awesome.

Unfortunately I just missed out on a course which ran on 10th September. Not to worry.

I think Stay Upright are going a course at Wakefield in November, but I am not sure about their teaching methods when compared to CSBS or RRPA (I particularly like Keith's approach - he just makes sense to me).

Alex has been training with Freddie Spencer, who runs the other major school besides Keith's Superbike School in the US, and who Nick Ienatsch works for as a lead instructor. So it looks like a great lineage continues here in Aus :).
  3. Hey guys,

Yep, we had the first RRPA day on 10 September and it was awesome to get the first one under our belts.

A few bugs need to be ironed out, but all in all it was a great day and very well received overall.

The feedback for the curriculum was very positive, so now we just need to fine tune that and get the delivery of each session across in a manner that assists every participant take it all in easier and smoother.

There's a lot to learn in one day but a detailed course booklet helps riders continue to practice and take it all in at further track days.

Will let you know when we have the next day at Wakfield, toast!

4. Thanks, Alex!