Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

are LED indicators stronger than Globe Type?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by slickncghia, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Hi Guys

Just a quick question.

Are LED indicator globes (for lack of a better word) more resistant to shattering/dieing from vibration then the globe type?

looking at them i would think they are. buy i have never used them. i dont want to spend extra on them if they are going to die like so many a globes due to excessive vibration.

ps i have mounted my tail more solidly now....however this bike still has some sonic boom related vibration
  2. Yep -definately more resistant to vibration. Thats why the truckies use them. You will have to change the flasher can to get the correct flash rate however. Don't just add resistors. Don't listen to the wackers that tell you that you need a $100+ flasher can. Just go down to your local auto electricians & tell them you want an electronic flasher that is not load dependant. Less than $20 will score you one & it's far easier to swap a couple of wires than to try & solder in resistors everywhere to get the load (wattage) correct.
  3. cheers bud. the flasher rate is so far out at the moment anyway with just the globes.