Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Are bikes cheaper in winter?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Snowman, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Hi guys, my restrictions end on the 1st of april (april fools day lol) which is when it starts cooling down again, so I was wondering, do bike prices drop around this time? do people tend to hang on to them for one last summer and then sell them off?

Just curious :-s

Im in sydney by the way

2. Bikes are usually cheaper to buy in winter, just like boats, jetski's & beach towels :p
  3. In more temperate cities, like Sydney, I doubt you'll find much difference. In Canberra, for example, the difference used to be quite dramatic.
  4. lol.. soz.. talking crap. edit.
  5. YES, but there is often more choice because everyone knows to hold on to them if they can till summer comes around so more people would be interested in buying.

But saying that the more bikes for sale the more competitive they would have to be (i hope cuz I'm still looking for a replacement)
  6. You can pay to much for a bike in winter the same as you can in summer.
    Narrow your choice of bikes/styles down to a couple (1 if you're lucky) and start looking regardless of the time of year.
    A good used bike is always a good buy and they're always negotiable.
  7. also try the end of summer when the new models are looking to come out around march april (generally)
  8. Would it be fair to say that bike sales are slower in winter therefore dealers may be more willing to come down on prices?
  9. New Jap models come out in Oct generally........
  10. Probably depends on climate, but given what i picked mine up for in May I would say so!
  11. Round here, people probably do more riding in winter cause it storms less.
  12. And the avergae temp is still upwards of 25 ya bastards!