Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Are bikes allow to ride in bus lanes?? which state?????

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by steven_s2k, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys, I can't read the terms for posting in this forum regarding legal issues per STATE but here's my question anyways because I'll never do this again and learn from my mistakes and take greater care when I post to forums where legal issues in one state are different to others. I'd like to apologise to the mods and admins who do such a sterling job in trying to keep this forum alive and relevant.

just wanted to get some feedback on the law in regards to bikes riding in bus lanes??

apparently it legal, is it true?
  2. Yes, as long as it isn't marked 'buses only'.

You can run a search/check the rta site if you must confirm this, but I'm guaranteeing you that its legal in NSW.
  3. What ^^ said.

You CANNOT:
    Ride in a "Bus Only" Lane
    T-Way for Buses
  4. ya pretty much as said above to the best of my knowledge and it just so happens that where i live all the bus lanes are all marked "bus lane only" ](*,)
  5. ^ is true also. Any T2, T3, T4 lanes (forgot how high this goes anyway)can be ridden in aswell (without the need for the wife and 2 kids hanging of the back :biker: )
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.