Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Are ANGEL EYES Illegal

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by Moff, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Hey all.

Might be a dumb question but i just want to check to see if these are illegal in Victoria or not.....

I was wanting to get green...

2. At the current time:

No.

If they do not dazzle or flash, and if they are not showing red to the front or white to the rear. Or if they do not alter OEM lights.

Will probably change in the Road Rules revision due in the next few years.

3. Ok Cool.

I was looking on Ebay at some, but it doesnt supply me with the casing for them, only the "O" shaped globes. Any idea on where I can purchase the casing's? Website maybe?

Thanks in advance.

4. Oh ok. Thanks

Do you have any pictures on how it looks on your bike?

Cheers

5. Please excuse my ignorance but what are "angel eyes"?

6. I have a blue ring on my bike.

IMG00126.

7. Crikey.

And you guys are serious about buying and installing these things???

Back in my day it was furry dice, foxtails hanging off radio aerials, venetian blinds in the back windows and Starsky and Hutch stripe along the side and over the roof of the car...

8. :LOL: :LOL:

the other day i saw a subaru with neon lights under the car and highlighting the road.

very fast & furious

9. Don't the cops come after you for wearing blue ones as you could be mistaken for one of them?

Not sure if the attention would be worth it.

10. I think that there are regs that prohibit certain types of vehicle lighting. Those lights that shine on the ground or illuminate windscreen wipers must surely be included in this. If nothing else but for anti-wanker laws (sorry if that offends anyone. It's just my opinion on these things...).