Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Are 2 strokes learner legal in tassie

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by V8cressida, Apr 11, 2006.

1. looked all over transport site and could only find the stipulation that learners must ride no more than 250cc. Other states with LAMS exclude 2 strokes as learner legal.....tassie ??

2. If Tasmania doesn't have lams, and you are only restricted to 260cc than they are legal.

3. No they don't.

Some other states exclude bikes over a certain power-weight ratio, which generally means the higher performance 250 two strokes. But two strokes as such are OK.

So you can still use a nice little Suzuki A100 or an old Vespa 150 as a learner bike.

:grin:

4. Or something Nicer and newer like a Aprilia RS125, Honda NSR150 or Cagivto Mito 125.

Mabo off the forums rides a RG250F (predecessor to the RGV) and it is learner legal and it's a 250cc 2-Stroke

5. Sorry I was mainly talking about the 250cc 2 strokes, rgv,nsr,tzr etc

6. just went rawling though

http://www.thelaw.tas.gov.au/

can't really find any legislation on 250CC 2 strokes for learners... you could always give service tas a call... I talked with ithink it was Phill Manning about my class exemption acouple of years ago... He know just about all there is with teh legislation for learners and rego.