Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

webBikeWorld Arai Vector 2 Owner Report Helmet Review

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' started by NetriderBot, Aug 5, 2016.

1. #1 NetriderBot, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2016
    Now going on 6 years old, does the very popular Vector 2 still make sense?

I'm taking a look at the Vector 2 to offer my own perspective of using the this helmet from a rider's perspective; i.e., a webBikeWorld Owner's Report.

It might surprise you that a manufacturer will produce the same helmet design for such a long time.

Some helmet manufacturers release updated and new designs every couple of years but Arai isn’t most manufacturers.

Arai is considered as a top tier helmet manufacturer for a reason. Their helmet designs are carefully developed and just as carefully evolved and they also say that the helmets are hand made.

When you make helmets this way, you have to really make sure to get it right, so making changes just for the sake of change doesn’t fit the Arai model.

Plus, there’s the old adage “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”, something that makes sense here. Arai does innovate but at a more deliberate pace than other manufacturers.

With all that said, it might be easy to infer that I think all is perfect with the Vector 2 but that’s not quite so, I’m afraid.

I doubt the “perfect helmet” exists really, but as with anything, some things are subjective and others objective so let’s see how these bear out in my experience with the Vector 2.

more »