Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Arai RX-7 Corsair

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Mithrel, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Wondering if anyone has bought or tried on Arai helmets. I've read a bit about them and I'm yet to find any complaints, but thought I'd ask here anyhow.

Gonna go in and try them on and see how comfortable they feel, that'll really be the deciding factor... thought I'd see what you guys had to say anyhow.

I currently have a Shoei XR1000, it's gonna be delegated to my passengers as it feels a bit heavy. Had a good run with it though, about 4 years. I've heard the Arai's have a similar shape / feel but are lighter.

Anyone had any accidents with one on? Recommendations of other brands to try or avoid are welcome as well :)

Undecided on the graphic I'd get, but this is the helmet I was thinking about.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. have the tommygun red arai corsair, so far great helmet. It is a good fit if you have a more rounded face. It also has a shorter chin clearance. I found the shoei helmet to be to big for my face.

You can get these through an online store for around $100 cheaper than retail, ~$850 aussie.

3. I have a Doohan Replia Arai which looks great. The fit and finish can't be faulted but there are a few things that irk me...

The interior is lovely and plush but its not that hard wearing. If I were planning using it day in day out, I'd go elsewhere.

and two

Its rather noisey. More so that all other helmets I have owned and the Arai was the most expensive by a fair margin. I usually wear earplugs so this is not so much of an issue mind.

In short Arai, would I buy another? Well like I said the paintjob is great, its almost a work of art, but next time I'll go elsewhere, especially if I was returning to an 'everyday biker'.

4. have had a rx-7rr roberts rep for the last 5 years and have just got a new rx-7 corsair pedrosa.wouldnt wear anything else.the best!

5. Why did you get it in the Petrobot paint job? Sure if your riding a Repsol CBR it kinda makes sense but why not one of the Hayden lids if you wanted a full on HRC look? Or even one of the older Rossi paintjob AGVs? You realise your sendning money to that little wanker.

6. I've had my Arai Astro for 9 months of daily riding and it's been fantastic! Not noisy at all. Although if I'm travelling at 100km/hr and have the visor up it whistles, but that doesn't happen to often. I think it depends on your head shape. Try it on and see if you have an Arai shaped head.