Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Aquila Resurection!

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by BoogieMan, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Hey guys, been a loooong time since I've had the time to get on here and chew the fat but I thought it was high time I re-joined the ranks.

I have decided to try and resurect my old Hyosung GV250 aquilla. I'm hoping that a mate of mine will beable use it once he has gotten his learners. However... It has been sitting unused and gennerally exposed to the elements for atleast a couple of years and having been in slightly less than best running order last time I rode it I was hoping to get opinions as to how likely you all think it may be that it wil ever run again?...

I can't really claim to have any mechanical skills in this area and dont want to throw heaps of money at it if it is beyond hope....

So just generally if anyone has opinions on if they think that a bike having sat so long will ever be able to run again I'd be interested to hear it.

Much love and thanks

BoogieMan!

2. Drain the tank..the fuel will be 'off' it absorbs moisture. Drain the Carbs too. Change the oil and filter and fit a new battery..or try to charge the old one,if it has not moved in years I'd just fit a new one.Check tires for flat spots and correct pressures. Clean and lubricate the chain..or replace if it's all rusty.
    Check that all electrics work, test brakes and you should be good to go.

3. With enough time & money, anything can be rebuilt.

More details on the faults?

4. Yes well as for the 'faults'... back when it was running I may have run it out of oil one time that may've sratched one of the cylinders.... the indicators are not working, I bought another switch mount as the indicator switch felt all dead but after the change there was no change in the indicators lights and such seemed to work but not the indicators!

Beyond that and a slightly cracked rear guard there was nothing really all that wrong.... From memory :S

5. Ok, new flasher relay for the indicators, & a new engine from the wreckers.

You can probably pick up a rear guard while you're there.

Sorted.

6. I had the same issue with my gt250r when i bought it from auction.

As said before oil change, change the filters, charge /replace the battery. Put some good quality fuel in it and treat it as you would as if you were running it in for a little while.

If youve scratched the rear cylinder its probably not worth fixing. if you can run it just run it until it dies. hyosungs just dont have the resale for engine swaps.

if you need a source of cheap parts google richard hyosung. ive bought all of my parts through him and its fairly cheap if you have time to wait for delivery