Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Aprilia SXV - Katoomba

Discussion in 'Stolen Bike Register' at netrider.net.au started by bondibadger, Jun 10, 2012.

1. $1000 no questions asked reward for infomation leading to the recovery of this bike.

9th Of June 2012
    Stolen from The Carrington Hotel carpark 11:30pm in Katoomba by a man in a black hoody. wheeled out the back and more then likely loaded into a van or ute. Probably works in the area, works Saturdays, and a tradey with a ute or van and clearly into motorbikes

VIN ZD4VSH0076S000691
    Engine number 02093
    Registration forth coming (new plate)

Description:

2007 SXV 4.5
    6800KMs

Black acerbis rally pro handguards
    Passenger pegs - these are not standard
    red adonised pickups on swingarm
    red adnoised oil tank and gear box filler caps.
    new black 08 suspension forks.
    new black 08 plastics on rear and radiator shrouds as pictured.
    new Michelin pilot power pros

If you have any information please contact me

Katoomba Police Station
    217 Katoomba Street
    KATOOMBA 2780
    Phone: 02 4782 8199
    Fax: 02 4782 8182
    Open 24 hour

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]
    By rocketnz at 2012-06-11
    [​IMG]

------

original post

Just woke up at the carrington hotel to find my black 06 aprilia sxv stolen. ****ing mongrels. Was parked in front of a falcon so they broke the lock wheeled it past the car somehow and slid it under the boom car park booms. Just got it back from Dave ward drove it to katoomba to stay weekend after I dropped about 3k on it. Gutted.

It's a o6 sxv with black 08 tail and black with silver apeilia lion radiator shroud sticks. And acerbis black rally pro hand guards. Hopefully CCTV gives us some details. Will post numbers when I can get them. Gutted.

2. Mate, I'm sorry to hear. What a dog act. Did the hotel have CCTV?

3. CCTV being viewed now

4. Brilliant criminals,how many of those need parts.Hope you get it back in good nic and they have a little accident with the perps

5. I dunno but last time in kootumba we had a hit and run on our car and now this. Bluemountains needs to sort its shit out crime riddled and full of scumbags. I won't ever go back. Makes me sick.

6. Mate......sorry to hear about it......BASTARDS......

Any news? What did the CCTV show?

Probs no help from me being in VIC - but Faaaarkkkk.....I feel ya' rage

7. wankers.

Hopefully the CCTV provides good pictures of the thief/thieves.. have you got insurance? and do you have pictures etc.. so people that live around the area can look out for it.

hopefully you get it back dude.

goodluck.

8. Selfish miserable trash, hope they get it head on by a 40 tonner.

9. #9 Ljiljan, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    I'm up there several times a year, never had an issue - except with the occasional witch you run in to

10. Lucky you have theft insurance eh?

11. That's the problem with small towns, the youth get bored and get up to no good. I lived in the coolie / tweed border for a while and heard many a tale.

Sorry to hear your loss mate. May those bastards rot in hell many times over.

Please tell us you've got theft in your insurance?

12. Sorry to hear about your bike. bastards... hope they get caught.

13. no insurance. it was only just collected from mechanic after a pricey rebuild and 8 odd weeks in and out of shop and insurance was being investigated due to money spent.

life goes on though eh!

14. Now thats a real shit go.

15. Will be posting up details of bike soon with a $1000 reward for information leading to recovery. please check back if you are in the blue mountains area.

16. update thread.

$1000 no questions asked reward for infomation leading to the recovery of this bike.

9th Of June 2012
    Stolen from The Carrington Hotel carpark 11:30pm in Katoomba by a man in a black hoody. wheeled out the back and more then likely loaded into a van or ute. Probably works in the area, works Saturdays, and a tradey with a ute or van and clearly into motorbikes

attached is a jpeg to share on FB groups if you would be so kind, if you are in the supermoto scene or ride dirtbikes in the blue mountains or surrounding suburbs please help me out, if you have had your pride and joy stolen before you know its like lemon juice in a deep deep wound please help. thanks for your time.

VIN ZD4VSH0076S000691
    Engine number forth coming
    Registration forth coming (new plate)

Description:

2007 SXV 4.5
    6800KMs

Black acerbis rally pro handguards
    Passenger pegs - these are not standard
    red adonised pickups on swingarm
    red adnoised oil tank and gear box filler caps.
    new black 08 suspension forks.
    new black 08 plastics on rear and radiator shrouds as pictured.
    new Michelin pilot power pros

If you have any information please contact me

Katoomba Police Station
    217 Katoomba Street
    KATOOMBA 2780
    Phone: 02 4782 8199
    Fax: 02 4782 8182
    Open 24 hour

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    By rocketnz at 2012-06-11
    [​IMG]

------

original post

Just woke up at the carrington hotel to find my black 06 aprilia sxv stolen. ****ing mongrels. Was parked in front of a falcon so they broke the lock wheeled it past the car somehow and slid it under the boom car park booms. Just got it back from Dave ward drove it to katoomba to stay weekend after I dropped about 3k on it. Gutted.

It's a o6 sxv with black 08 tail and black with silver apeilia lion radiator shroud sticks. And acerbis black rally pro hand guards. Hopefully CCTV gives us some details. Will post numbers when I can get them. Gutted.

Attached Files:

17. Apple or Samsung or someone needs to come up with a 3G gps device for live gps tracking.

So that you can stick it somewhere inconspicuous on your bike and always know where it is.

Friend of mine was selling a bike, so he hid his iPhone under the seat. Using the "find my iPhone " function he could see exactly where the guy was riding it.

Doesn't really help the OP I'm just thinking out loud.... Hope you catch the bastard!

18. You means these things

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Real...dustrial_Safety_Security2&hash=item27b7f262fc

19. Katoomba isn't a place I would have associated with m/c theft. Good luck, I hope you get it back.

20. Just a question here and nothing more .....

Is the mechanic who worked on the bike trustworthy?